Message to Pastors and Parish Leaders
You are looking for a way to help families find enriching activities and meaningful, faith-building experiences for their family -- without overburdening your parish schedule! With your encouragement, parishioners can make CFM happen.
The Christian Family Movement has the tools lay leaders can use to start small family enrichment groups for themselves! CFM materials are Catholic and are inclusive of inter-church families. They are welcoming to couples and single parents, too.
Value of CFM for Parishes
- When families engage with one another, they encourage best use of their gifts. The natural fruit is often parish-based service.
- Both parishes and CFM groups have the same goal: getting their members to Heaven.
- CFM can build your parish into a family of families.
- Learn more about CFM!
How Do Parishes Get Started with CFM?
- Contact the National CFM Office for free help organizing CFM.
- Experienced CFM members can meet with you by phone, Zoom, or visit your parish in person.
- Identify a core group of parishioners who invite their friends to try CFM.
- No licensing fees to parish; no contracts. Parishioners join CFM for $10/family; renew annually for $40/family. All materials are free to members.
- Here is the CFM handbook for organizers
Download free flyers, posters, brochures, bulletin announcements.
Pastoral Leaders Tell Their Stories about CFM
Fr. Louis Golamari, National Spiritual Director, Oshkosh, WI
"CFM has a fine blend of FAITH-FAMILY-FELLOWSHIP approach in a free setting. The group's meeting is a time of mini ‘Pentecost’ experience. I am amazed at how powerfully the Scripture comes alive in the way the families and individuals reflect and interpret the Word of God based on their personal experiences and share it openly."
Please watch an 2.5 minute video of some thoughts on the benefits of CFM from Deacon Jim.
Deacon Tom and Kathy Rothermich Queen of the Holy Rosary Parish, Bucyrus, Kansas
"Our involvement with CFM for more than two decades has been a big influence on us and on our children. We have all grown stronger in our faith, and our marriage is happier thanks to CFM. We formed close friends through CFM in two different parishes. We look forward to our meetings every month and always have interesting discussions and go home inspired. We strongly recommend joining a Christian Family Movement Group."
Please watch an 2.25 minute video of Spiritual Director Fr. Tom on the value of CFM for parish life.
Please watch an 3.5 minute video of some thoughts on CFM from Fr. Don.
Copyright © 2019 Christian Family Movement