In 1968, the Executive Committee of CFM stated that "the goal of the Movement is the development of couples, families and others in their personal relationships through social consciousness and involvement." This goal remains the same today. We are called not only to Observe and Judge, but to Act.
The best actions come out of your action group experience and allow members to act individually, or as couples, families, or groups, to improve the quality of family or community life. Here are some suggestions to help you identify actions you can undertake.
- Read your local newspaper, paying special attention to articles about community needs.
- Identify and learn about local charities and service agencies that minister to the needy in your community.
- Contact them and find how your CFM family or group can assist them.
Share Your Act here.
Many worthwhile organizations and programs operate in your own community that can benefit from CFM support. The following is just a partial listing of such opportunities:
- Big Brothers & Sisters
- Habitat for Humanity
- St. Vincent DePaul Society
- Crisis Pregnancy Centers
- Food Banks
- Free Medical Clinics
- Literacy programs
- Shelters for Women & Family
- Ministries which provide emergency rent, food, and shelter
More groups can be identified by contacting the local Chamber of Commerce, the United Way, or public and religious social service agencies in your community.
Posted here are CFM Group Actions that various groups have done that you too may find of interest and want to try. We currently have three categories of actions; click on them to see the list:
Please send the CFM USA Office information about your group's actions.
The CFM Office has compiled a list of actions for CFM groups and activities for groups of families and individual families to consider:
- Click here to view a PDF file. This requires Adobe Acrobat.
- Actions to Challenge Materialism
- Teaching our Children Values Prayer
- Click here to view a PDF file.