Talk with your pastor about starting this small group ministry for marriage and family enrichment. Assure him that it won’t be extra work for him. The Starter Kit includes a flyer meant for you to share with your pastor.
Invite a few couples or single parents you know -- or whom you keep running into after Mass -- to join you.
- Run a bulletin announcement to invite more couples. The starter kit includes a sample invitation letter and sample bulletin announcements. Here is a brief description of CFM to share. You might also share the FAQ page from our website if they have more questions.
Choose your program book.
Join CFM and order books or a Starter Kit of 4 copies of the same book.
- You may view testimonies describing CFM at this link. We have some videos especially addressed to your pastor.
Flyers, posters and more: Download and print at Promotional Materials.
- Start meeting regularly. We recommend meeting weekly or twice a month for the first four sessions to help new groups to bond. Our program guides make it easy for anyone to facilitate a meeting, including prayer, scripture reflection, faith sharing, discussion questions, and action ideas on topics relevant to Christian families.
This short booklet gives you all the details - Leader Manual for Starting a CFM Chapter
At Your Kick-off Meeting
- Before the kick-off meeting, create calendar for your meetings so that people can plan ahead to attend regularly.
- If you plan to meet in homes, have a Sign Up Sheet for people to host the meetings in their homes.
- Make a list of a few social and service ideas for people to consider. Maybe something for Advent and Lent? What would your folks enjoy doing?
Here are some more ideas: Social events https://www.cfm.org/social_activities and Service projects https://www.cfm.org/action_ideas
- Delegate! Have a sign up sheet for people to coordinate an event or project. You will find a checklist for planners and more leader aids here https://www.cfm.org/leader_materials
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Program Books Description page for more detailed information on the CFM books. You order books when you Join/Renew. CFM programs are provided as a benefit of membership in the movement.